This particular recipe has been a big hit with my little one! I also love it and sneak bites of hers when I prepare it for her. It would make a great dish to serve your whole family as a side dish or add some chicken and make it a one pot meal =)
you will need:
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup orzo (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup parmesean cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pot, saute all veggies and orzo for 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add water and broth to other ingredients in the pot and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes uncovered and the mix will thicken.
- Once thickened, add the cheese and stir well to combine
- (for long term storage) place the orzo in the fridge and let it cool completely. ration it into plastic wrap covered muffin tins and freeze in perfect baby sized portions. Once frozen, put all portions in a ziplock freezer bag. Orzo will store for up to three months.