Marinara pasta is a fun, messy food to give your little one. It is a vibrant color and when paired with a fun noodle shape it can spark the curiousity in your rug rat.Â Often times the packaged marinara sauce has a ton of spices that babies may not be ready for as well as a high sodium content. This recipes uses organic tomatoe sauce with no additives to keep it simple and healthy.
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 8 oz of a fun noodle shape (I have used wheat spiral noodles)
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of italian seasoning
- Boil noodles according to package directions. ( I like to boil mine an extra few minutes to make sure they are soft enough for baby. Especially wheat noodles which are by nature a bit tougher)
- heat up tomato sauce in a medium saucepan.
- add garlic powder and italian seasoning to the tomato sauce and mix well. Bring the sauce to a boil and then turn down and let it simmer as your noodles boil.
- Once noodles are done, drain them and add them to the tomato sauce mix. Stir well so that all noodles are covered.
- Let the pasta cool in the fridge. Once cooled, cover a cupcake pan with plastic wrap and spoon in desired amount into each cup.Â Cover with plastic wrap and freeze
- Once frozen, remove each portion from plastic wrap and put in a labeled ziplock bag.Â These will stay good in your freezer for up to three months.
- to serve, thaw out desired serving an hour or so before and heat slightly or defrost in your microwave.
***IMPORTANT*** always watch your child when giving them solid foods to eat, no matter how many times they have eaten it before. It can only take one second for a baby to choke on a bit of food.
NEXT POST…Vegetable cheese Orzo!