This macaroni and cheese recipe is pretty much the same one I use to make delicious meals for my husband and I. In this baby version, I tweaked a few ingredients to make it baby friendly.
- 8 oz dried macaroni noodles
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used medium cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (you can use butter in place of this)
- 1/2 cup formula (or milk of your choice, depending on your babies need)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of pepper
- Boil noodles according to package instructions. (I like to boil mine an extra 1-2 minutes to make sure they are soft enough for baby)
- heat up olive oil in a medium sauce pan on medium to medium high heat.
- Once oil is heated, add garlic powder, flour and pepper. quickly whisk together with the oil until it becomes thick and bubbly.
- remove from heat, whisk in formula (or milk). Put back on heat and heat until boiling. Once boiling, constantly stir it and keep stirring until it is thick and creamy (about one minute)
- turn heat to low. Add in cheese and stir until all cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta noodles and add them to the cheese mixture. Stir noodles into cheese mixture until they are all coated.
- Let the macaroni and cheese cool in the fridge and then cover cupcake tins with plastic wrap. Spoon in the desired portion amount, cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Once frozen, take out each individual portion and put it in a labeled freezer bag. Macaroni will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, take out an hour or so ahead of time and let thaw then heat slightly, or defrost in your microwave.
***IMPORTANT*** always watch your child when giving them solid foods to eat, no matter how many times they have eaten it before. It can only take one second for a baby to choke on a bit of food.
NEXT POST……delicious curly Q marinara pasta!