I have been wanting to do this for quite some time after seeing a friend make her son some. I was so excited when I was at Target today and saw that they had glitter glue in purple! Purple is my daughters favorite color so if I’m able to make anything purple, she always enjoys it 110% more. This is a super quick project but it is a bit slimy and so I advise your child wear a smock or play clothes.
You will need:
- 2 oz water
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon borax
- 2 oz glitter glue (or clear glue if you want to add your own glitter)
- a bowl to mix in
- a fork to mix with
- Mix the 2 oz of water and the 2 oz of glitter glue together until mixed well using your fork.
- Now stir the 1 teaspoon of borax into the 1/2 cup warm water and dissolve.
- While stirring, add the borax mixture to the glue mixture and stir, stir, stir
- The mix will start to form a gel. Once it seems to all ball up, grab the slimy mess out of the bowl (there may be some liquid left over)
- Work it around in your hand a bit to make it less slimey
- You now have a lovely, glittery ball of fun to play with! If it starts to get too tough then heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Last but not least….look at that happy girl!