To follow the delicious Acorn Squash baby food tutorial here is something a bit sweeter…nummy nectarine puree! It even comes out a pretty pink color! <3
- Wash nectarines thoroughly. Cut in half and take out pit
- Fill a baking dish with 1- 1 1/2″ of water. Place nectarines open side down in dish
- bake in the oven at 400 degrees checking every 5 minutes or so until skin has wrinkled.
- Keep the water to add to the puree mixture as you blend in case it needs thinning.
- Peel skin off of fruit flesh. (this should be really easy to do if they have been baked long enough.
- Put baked nectarine flesh into the food processor and blend until it is a smooth consistency. Because of the amount of juice in the nectarine you will find that it is thinner than squash and may not have to add any reserved water.
- Fill an ice cube tray with the nectarine puree and freeze
- Remove from ice tray, label a freezer bag with the title and date.
They turned out so yummy looking that I may just have to steal one from Penelope when she has them ;)
NEXT RECIPE: Yummy Yams!